Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Oooh the days at the office

Ok, I have never written a blog before. I don't really know who will read this. Everybody is welcome.

Most of you know that i started a job outside of my father's business recently. Well, i got into my first argument with my boss yesterday. Yeah, she was like, "Leo, you're doing to many hours and you show up too early." Also, you are required to volunteer for autumn fest on the 20th of September and you have to pay for yourself.

Now, I try to be savoir faire when it comes to these types of situations but i couldn't help myself. I was calm angry for the most part, i only raised my voice once i quieted down quickly. i simply did not like the short notice on the volunteering which should have been forced to do. I mean, i won the argument over volunteering with the help of a coworker. the hours thing, I had to sign a waiver saying i would show up + or - 5 mins of my shift time. This is ridiculous! ive never been talked about working too many hours!

3 comments:

Lona said...

I suspect she has a budget and if you put in too many hours she goes over budget. In govt. you put your budget in quite a bit ahead of time. Good that you tried to resist arguing with the boss

Lynnis said...

I think that she feels threatened by you out performing her. Also don't work overtime unless someone asks. You should go out to eat with her and get to know her, people are always friendlier after you've broken bread with them.

Gordon said...

I think Lona is correct about the budget. Probably you clocked in when you arrived early. Had you not clocked in until later the boss would not have cared.