Thursday, October 2, 2008

I Thought it was Too Cold to Sweat in a Pharmacy...

gosh, i finally get time to type this. PHARMACY IS INTENSE. it isnt anything like my other job. when im at indian head, i am on the net, sitting down, taking my time workin out...but this job is constant standing, running around every second looking for pills, quickly counting the pills. sending it to the pharmacist for verification....on and on and on and thats just one prescription! int he middle of the day its like constant drop-off of those things.

this morning this lady handed me a prescription for some heart condition, i couldnt remember what. i was doing all the stuff i was suppose to do and i tried talking to the lady like, "so--how is your day so far?" and she EXPLODED on me. she was shouting. "My husband is having chest pains you stupid fuck! How do you think my day is going?!?!?! Hurry up and fill the fucking prescription!" i just didnt say anything else to the lady but the pharmacist was like, "Ma'am, you're not going to get any pills unless you calm down." I was moving as fast as possible... :-( The pharmacist checked the pills and charged her andd sh was breathing so heavily the whole entire time. anyways, i hope husband is ok. that was my day so far.

4 comments:

Chrissy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lynnis said...

man, now I really want to know what that comment said. I sympathize with you, I had the same issues working in a hospital, I never wanted to ask people how they are doing because I know it can be good or they wouldn't be there. Maybe switch "how are you?" to "How can I help you?" to avoid the open invitation for them to bitch at you.

Piri said...

Over a month with no post? What about your loyal readers?

Piri said...

It seems to me that being hospitalized would make good blog fodder. Get well soon.